It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving followed closely by Black Friday. The two often seem ironic so close together, but if not celebrated in excess, Black Friday can be a way of being smart with your money as you make purchases you’ll be thankful for in the year to come. The Indie Christian Books Black Friday sale is near and dear to my heart, and I’m expecially thankful that Kendra E. Ardnek took charge of the sale this year when I was too busy to organize it.
All posts tagged sales
Posted by Leah E. Good on November 25, 2016
Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- The Word Unleashed, by Steve Rzasa: This book really encouraged me in my faith and helped me through a period of change in my life. I deeply believe that quality fiction is one of the most powerful ways to communicate truth and inspiration. This book was proof of that to me.
- The King’s Scrolls, by Jaye L. Knight: Like Rzasa’s The Word Unleashed, my brother read this first and insisted that I needed to prioritize it on my to-read list. He has good tastes! I adore Jaye’s characters.
- When Sorry Isn’t Enough, by Gary D. Chapman: This is the non-fiction book that impacted me most this year. It’s due for a re-read since I can’t remember all of the concepts very well at this point.
- Priscilla & Aquila, by Lois T. Henderson: This is the last book I read, and I’m thankful for it because it bumped me out of the dystopian reading rut I’ve been in. Don’t get me wrong. I still adore dystopian and gravitate to it, but it’s always good to get a change of scenery. I’m currently working on Ruth by the same author.
- The Maze, by Will Hobs: I’m grateful for this book because it was really fun and relaxing to read it while I was traveling through the very place the story was set in. It was a great, surprisingly good find in a Grand Canyon visitor’s center.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books (Including my two books, Counted Worthy and Stories for God’s Glory) is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.
Posted by Leah E. Good on November 27, 2015
Hey everyone! Just wanted to pop in to let you know I haven’t fallen off the face of the earth. Quite the contrary. I’ve just been buried by a landslide of work going into organizing the magnificent Black Friday sale coming up!
We’ll get back to our normal Guess a Quote/Friday post routine next week, Lord willing. For now, do any of you bloggers want to get free books and help spread the word about the sale this Friday?
Posted by Leah E. Good on November 23, 2015
Sometimes the cleaning bug bites even the best of us. Or should I say “messiest of us”. Whatever the case, it bit me this week, and it involved weeding some of the books off my poor, overstuffed bookshelves. As I contemplated what to do with them, I decided to try to imitate Olivia over at Fresh Modesty, and host a Shop My Bookshelf sale. I’ve never done this before, so please be patient!
You can view the books for sale and read the details on the Shop My Bookshelf page. Just follow the link, or run your clicker over the “Store” button on the blog menu and select “Shop My Bookshelf” from the drop-down menu.
I hope you have fun looking through the books!
(P.S. The Guess a Quote should be up tomorrow.)
Posted by Leah E. Good on March 3, 2014