Do you want to spend time studying God’s word but either don’t know how or have trouble staying focused? I hear two frequent struggles from young Christian women in my peer group.
- “I want to go deeper than just reading the Bible, but I’m not sure how.”
- “I struggle to make time for studying my Bible and when I do sit down, I can’t focus.”
If you resonate with either of these statements, or just want a fun new resource, let me introduce you to a tool that might help.
Continue reading “Book Review: Walk in Grace Journal”
Four years ago, I contacted my small circle of authors friends to see if they wanted to discount their books for Black Friday and join forces to spread the word. It was supposed to be a one-time thing. This is our third year with a dedicated website for the one-week sale, our circle of authors keeps growing, we’re drawing close to having 1,000 unique visitors check out the sale, and since it’s become way to much work for little old me, Kendra E. Ardnek has joined me as a second coordinator. It’s safe to say, Indie Christian Books has a lot to be grateful for.
Continue reading “Annual Indie Christian Books Sale”
Do you enjoy audiobooks? I treasure them as the best way to make mundane activities enjoyable. Whether cleaning the house or spending hours on the road during a family vacation, audio stories bring a whole different world into your own. The only drawback is the cost!
Continue reading “How to Get Amazon’s Audible Books at a Discount”
It’s that time of year again. Thanksgiving followed closely by Black Friday. The two often seem ironic so close together, but if not celebrated in excess, Black Friday can be a way of being smart with your money as you make purchases you’ll be thankful for in the year to come. The Indie Christian Books Black Friday sale is near and dear to my heart, and I’m expecially thankful that Kendra E. Ardnek took charge of the sale this year when I was too busy to organize it.
Continue reading “Indie Christian Book Sale 2016”
Like most other bookworms, great books make their way onto my “things I’m thankful for” list every year. It’s hard to choose favorites, but I went ahead and picked five books I read in 2015 and am thankful for.
- The Word Unleashed, by Steve Rzasa: This book really encouraged me in my faith and helped me through a period of change in my life. I deeply believe that quality fiction is one of the most powerful ways to communicate truth and inspiration. This book was proof of that to me.
- The King’s Scrolls, by Jaye L. Knight: Like Rzasa’s The Word Unleashed, my brother read this first and insisted that I needed to prioritize it on my to-read list. He has good tastes! I adore Jaye’s characters.
- When Sorry Isn’t Enough, by Gary D. Chapman: This is the non-fiction book that impacted me most this year. It’s due for a re-read since I can’t remember all of the concepts very well at this point.
- Priscilla & Aquila, by Lois T. Henderson: This is the last book I read, and I’m thankful for it because it bumped me out of the dystopian reading rut I’ve been in. Don’t get me wrong. I still adore dystopian and gravitate to it, but it’s always good to get a change of scenery. I’m currently working on Ruth by the same author.
- The Maze, by Will Hobs: I’m grateful for this book because it was really fun and relaxing to read it while I was traveling through the very place the story was set in. It was a great, surprisingly good find in a Grand Canyon visitor’s center.
I don’t know about you, but I’m looking forward to another great year of reading! Speaking of more reading, here’s one more thing to be grateful for. Books on sale! In honor of Thanksgiving and Black Friday, a group of independent Christian authors banded together to offer over seventy discounted books on Nov 27-30. There’s literally something for everyone.
Every single book listed on Indie Christian Books (Including my two books, Counted Worthy and Stories for God’s Glory) is on sale in one or more ways. Find discounted paperbacks, dozens of books offered with free shipping, $0.99 ebooks, package deals and more. Even if you have a budget of $0, new reading material awaits you.
Don’t know what to pick? The fearless Indie Christian Books team created a quiz that will generate a book list perfect for you! Check it out!
What awesome reads of 2015 are you grateful for? What books are you looking forward to reading in 2016?
A note on the Ebooks Only page. All books are listed as “Sold Out.” This only refers to paperback copies of these titles. Please click onto the product pages to find descriptions and links to discounted or free ebooks.
Acknowledgements: Thanks to Leah E. Good for her work organizing this sale, Gloria Repp for completing the time consuming job of uploading book info to the sale website, and Hannah Mills for her fantastic design work on the website graphics. Hannah can be contacted at hmills(at)omorecollege(dot)edu for more information about her design services.