Guess a Quote [2.29.16]

Green Eggs and Ham [GAQ].jpgHappy leap day everyone! I’ve been enjoying the adorable Google animation for the day. 🙂

Our last quote was well recognized by many of you. Writefury, Morgan Huneke, Savannah Perran, oathofgod, Amanda Beguerie, Reagan S., Addyson M. Huneke, Lina-Ruth, Mary, Hanna R., and Natalie all guessed correctly that the quote came from Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Seuss. (Spencer, I did not know Dr. Seuss’ real name, so you sent me on a wild goose around the internet trying to figure out your guess!)

I was trying to find a fun party game my friends and I have played using Dr. Seuss books, but I couldn’t find the rules and I can’t remember them well enough to explain. 😦 However, I did find this cute blog post about a Green Eggs and Ham themed birthday party!

Now for this week’s quote, which comes from the opening of a classic kids’ book turned movie.

One bright, sunny June morning, a tall, sturdy-looking girl, evidently a native of the mountains, was climbing this narrow path. She led by the hand a little maiden, whose cheeks glowed as if a ruddy flame were under her dark-brown skin. And what wonder? In spite of the hot June sun, the child was bundled up as if for protection against the sharpest cold.

1. Emily

/  February 29, 2016

Heidi?

2. I think I know this one too! Heidi, right?

3. Heidi! This used to be one of my favorites!

4. Heidi by Johanna Spyri!

5. It reminds me of “Heidi” (I’m blanking out on the author’s name right now).

6. Mary

/  March 1, 2016

I think that’s from the opening chapter of Heidi, though I wasn’t sure at first! You just reminded me that it was actually one of my favorite classics when I was younger, but I honestly haven’t even picked it up in years…so maybe that will change soon! 🙂

• I’m not the biggest classic’s fan, but certain children’s classics are my go-to books for when I feel lousy or down. A Little Princess tops the list, followed by books like Heidi. And then The Scarlet Pimpernel forgets it’s not a children’s classic and makes the list too.

7. Heidi, by Johanna Spyri.

1. Guess a Quote [4.25.16] | Leah's Bookshelf