Guess a Quote [2.15.16]

Jungle Book [GAQ]Congratulations Lina-Ruth! You correctly guessed the source of last week’s quote. The poem used as last week’s quote came from The Jungle Book, by Rudyard Kipling. Little pieces of the story were in several of my grammar school readers from Abeka, and I enjoyed Rikki-Tikki-Tavi by the same author.

This week I’m going with a really easy quote. Just the meter of the words should narrow the options down pretty quickly!

โ€œI will not eat them in a house, I will not eat them with a mouse. I will not eat them in a box, I will not eat them with a fox. I will not eat them here or there, I will not eat them anywhere!

Happy Guessings!

1. That’s an easy one. [Title Temporarily Removed] by [Author Temporarily Removed]. That was actually my first ever book I bought myself. ๐Ÿ™‚

2. [Title Temporarily Removed]. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Savannah Perran

/  February 15, 2016

[Title Temporarily Removed]. I know that book quite well ๐Ÿ˜€ .

4. [Title Temporarily Removed]

5. I FINALLY KNOW IT! [Title Temporarily Removed] by [Author Temporarily Removed]! ๐Ÿ˜›

6. Regan S.

/  February 15, 2016

[Title Temporarily Removed] by [Author Temporarily Removed]. That one is easy- I’m rather ashamed of myself for not getting some of these others from classics.

/  February 15, 2016

Ha! Fox in Socks by none other than Theodore S. Geisel.

8. [Title Temporarily Removed] by [Author Temporarily Removed]. Funny thing, Sen. Ted Cruz of Texas read this on the Senate floor once when he was filibustering as a bedtime story for his two daughters.

9. Lina-Ruth

/  February 16, 2016

Aww, I loved Rikki-Tikki-Tavi when it was in my schoolbooks!
    As for this one, it’s [Title Temporarily Removed] by [Author Temporarily Removed]! I’ve practically memorized it by now after reading it to my younger siblings so often!

10. Mary

/  February 16, 2016

[Title Temporarily Removed], of course! One of [Author Temporarily Removed]’s best books! ๐Ÿ™‚

11. Oh, it’s a [Author Temporarily Removed] one! For some reason, I’m blanking out on what exactly the title is. . . just “[Title Temporarily Removed]” perhaps?
    The Jungle Book? I’ve never read that one, but I adored the Disney movie when I was little! ๐Ÿ™‚ The quote made me think of it, but I decided it was probably just because they talked about the jungle and didn’t comment it. *sigh*
    I’m definitely going to have to dig up our copy of it now! And I’m totally memorizing that poem, I love the flow!

12. Natalie

/  February 28, 2016

Grew up with my dad reading that book to me all the time! Green eggs and ham. ๐Ÿ˜Š