Guess a Quote [10.19.15]

Fellowship of the Rings [GAQ]

The last guess a quote was a bit of a trick question, though I didn’t realize it when I made the post. The quote came from The Fellowship of the Rings. The catch is, the quote is only in the movie version. Oops! The movie quote is spoken by Galadriel, but it is altered from the book quote spoken by Elrond.

This quest may be attempted by the weak with as much hope as the strong. Yet such is oft the course of deeds that move the wheels of the world: small hands do them because they must, while the eyes of the great are elsewhere.

Both are great quotes, but now you know why you couldn’t place the quote in the books! Spencer R, Victoria NightSky, Elisabeth, Hannah R, Addyson M. Huneke, Morgan Huneke, and Emily Ruth were all either correct or on the right track!

Don’t forget that today is the last day to vote in the Quote Variation Contest! Go ahead and use the share links below each image to share your favorites. Some of those links were broken when they first went up, but they should all work properly now. If you haven’t voted and shared, now is the time to do so! The winner will receive great reading material as his or her prize.

Here’s the quote for this week. It’s another book that has a movie companion, but I’m pretty confident the quote actually comes from the book this time!

Oh, it’s delightful to have ambitions. I’m so glad I have such a lot. And there never seems to be any end to them– that’s the best of it. Just as soon as you attain to one ambition you see another one glittering higher up still. It does make life so interesting.

1. This sounds like it is from Anne of Green Gables.

/  October 19, 2015

Sounds like Anne of Green Gables to me but I can’t be sure.

3. Lina-Ruth

/  October 19, 2015

This is definitely Anne of Green Gables!!! I love this book so much and I’ve read it countless times. Hey! That gives me an idea for another quote…

4. Hmmm… I don’t think this is one I’ve read. I’m kicking myself over the LotR quote now…

5. No wonder I couldn’t place that one! I mean, I probably saw that part of the movie, but only once–not five times like the books! 🙂
    I’m not sure about this one. . . it reminds me of “Pollyanna” though.

6. Anne of Green Gables, and I found it in the book. She’s talking about earning a scholarship. I was kind of wondering about the LOTR quote. Oh, well. It’s a good quote. And my favorite quote from the movies is only adapted from dialogue from the book.

7. That sounds like something Anne Shirley would say. Something in the Anne series?