Guess a Quote [10.12.15]

Voyage of the Dawn Treader [GAQ]We all had a lot of fun with last week’s GAQ (Guess a Quote) post. The quote, which came from The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, by C.S. Lewis, has always been one of my favorites from Narnia.

…there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.

As a little kid listening to the radio theater production of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, this line captivated me. Somehow those words coming from Aslan made Narnia seem more real because it linked itself to God and made God seem more accessible because Aslan was teaching the Pevensies how to know Him in our world. It made me so happy when the “new” movie kept that line.

Everyone who guessed got the correct title, series, or both. Congratulations to Emily Ruth, Amanda Beguerie, Brooke, Addyson M. Huneke, Elisabeth Sullivan, Victoria NightSky, proverbs31teen, Jonathan G, Abby, emilydm544, Hanna R, Spencer R, Morgan Huneke, Lina Ruth, narniahannah, Oathofgod, and Sarah D!

To everyone who participated in the Pride & Prejudice quote variation contest, voting for that will go up tomorrow.

Until then, here’s this week’s quote. Since they’re so much fun, I’m staying with the theme of well-loved quotes from well-loved books. This particular quote is also a great reminder in the face of headlines about the depraved practices filmed at Planned Parenthood and the battle being fought for the lives of unborn babies.

Even the smallest person can change the course of the future.

1. Ohhhh, I know this… but I can’t remember where it’s from! *bangs head on table* I don’t have any guesses, either. *sigh*

2. Dang… I know I’ve heard this before…
    How to train your dragon, maybe? Hiccup is small.

/  October 12, 2015

Hmm… I know it’s in the movie version of The Hobbit (the first film) but can’t remember which book it comes from…

• Spencer R.

/  October 12, 2015

Nope, I’m wrong. It’s the first Lord of the Rings film. Galadriel addresses the usefulness of Hobbits in both and I had misplaced this quote.

4. It’s one of the last two LotR books — I think it’s The Return of the King.

5. Either the Hobbit or LotR… I’m guessing the latter. 🙂

6. It’s really reminding me of “The Lord of the Rings”, what with the hobbits and all, but I can’t quite place where. *sigh*
    I thought that scene of “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader” was very well-done! I think that one was my favorite out of the movies. It’s also one of my favorite books, which where “The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe”, “Prince Caspian”, and “The Voyage of the Dawn Treader”. Which I just realized are the three that were made into movies! Weird! 🙂

7. This is from The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. One of my favorite books and movies!

8. I’m thinking Lord of the Rings, probably The Fellowship of the Ring, but I can’t find exactly where. Those are really good stories. Last time we watched the movies, they were just so incredibly inspiring. I love them.

9. Lord of the Rings, the Fellowship of the RIng.

10. Jonathan G.

/  October 20, 2015

Fellowship of the Ring. Such a hobbit quote!