Guess a Quote [9.29.15]

Alice in Wonderland [GaQ]Our last Guess a Quote was challenging. So challenging that even I’m a little confused, and I picked it! The quote was,

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

We got three different answers for which book it came from. Some of you said Alice In Wonderland, some said Through the Looking Glass, and some said The Princess Bride. I plugged the quote into Google when I began writing a new post, and it the first result said it came from Through the Looking Glass. However, on Goodreads it says it’s from Alice in Wonderland and I’m pretty sure I grabbed the quote from Goodreads. Since Hanna R. mentioned seeing it in Alice in Wonderland at the store, I’m going with Alice in Wonderland as the right answer. Oh the irony of being confused by a quote from Lewis Caroll since I find his books supremely befuddling!

Melody, Andrew Abraham, and Hanna R., congratulations on getting it right. Honorable mention to WriteKat who said Through the Looking Glass. For all I know, you’re correct.

This week’s quote is a salute to my Texas roommates. They adore the book this quote comes from.

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.

1. Lina-Ruth

/  September 29, 2015

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!!!!!!!! I could never forget this one. 😀

2. Sneha

/  September 29, 2015

Pride and Prejudice?

3. From one of my all-time favorites, Pride and Prejudice! 😀

4. Pride and Prejudice. Though I like the Whovian version: “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a mad mad in possession of a blue box must be in want of a companion.” 😉

5. Pride and Prejudice. And I haven’t even read it and I know. xD

6. Haha, I know this one! Pride and Prejudice. 😀

7. Pride and Prejudice of course.

8. I breathe Pride and Prejudice. It is my life.

9. Pride and Prejudice. This one was easy, and I don’t even intend to ever read the book.

10. I know this one! Pride and Prejudice! 😀 Haven’t read it yet, but it’s also the opening line (changed a bit) of Water Princess, Fire Prince.
    “It is a truth universally acknowledged that a short girl in pursuit of an item above her head must be in want of some young man to get it down for her.” Hehehe.

• Haha! As a short girl, I can relate to that. Any tall person will do, usually. But that doesn’t make for as cool of an opening line. 😉

• Amen, I’m short too. (Wait, you knew that.)
        Though I just looked up the actual version; I misquoted it.
        “It is a fact universally acknowledged that a short girl in pursuit of something above her head must be in want of some young man to get it down for her,” Clara stated, as she and her two best friends headed to the pool. “And no matter how far from the case it may be, if some guy just so happens to be walking by and sees her trying to get something that’s over her head, he’s going to offer his help.”
        I memorized the beta version.

11. I think this is pride and prejudice? I’m not the best at remembering quotes!

12. First of all, I saw this and thought “Water Princess, Fire Prince? What?” and then I read it a little more closely. Oops. Nevertheless, I do know this one. Pride and Prejudice! 🙂

And I totally relate to the short girl thing. It’s happened so many times already at work when I need to stock something but the box of that item is waaaay above my head…and even on the step ladder I can’t reach it! Sigh.

13. “Pride and Prejudice” by Jane Austen. Love that book!

14. Pride and Prejudice! Love that book.