Guess a Quote [6.30.15]

Epic of Gilgamesh [GAQ]Hello all! Thought it was time to blow the dust off and start posting again. A lot has happened over the past few weeks and unfortunately that meant the once-a-week post didn’t happen. But, I’m back now with the secret you’ve all been waiting for. That’s right, the answer to the last guess a quote.

Our last quote came from The Epic of Gilgamesh and starshining4ever guessed it correctly.

Our new quote is…

Why, sometimes I’ve believed as many as six impossible things before breakfast.

Sounds like an ambitious morning to me!

1. Is it “Princess Bride”?

2. Oh, I know this one! It’s Alice in Wonderland.

• (Or maybe Through the Looking Glass? Almost the same…)

• Jonathan G.

/  June 30, 2015

Sounds like something you would find in one of those. 😛

• Yup. 😉 And somebody shared that quote with me like a month ago, too, so it was fresh in my mind.

3. The Queen in Alice in Wonderland

4. I’m guessing “The Princess Bride” by William Goldman. As soon as I read it, I KNEW I’d heard it before. I’m pretty sure that’s where I heard it, but I might be wrong. 🙂

/  July 1, 2015

I’ve definitely heard this quote before but had no idea it was from a book. That right there is why you give credit to your sources. 🙂 Glad to have the blog going again!

6. That sounds like a Princess Bride line to me, but I’m pretty sure I’m wrong. 😛

7. Sound vaguely family, but I don’t think I’ve read it before. 🙂

8. “Through The Looking Glass” by Lewis Carroll

9. I was wrong. It’s “Alice In Wonderland” by Lewis Carol. I saw it at the store the other day. You don’t need to count my guess it you don’t want to.