Guess A Quote [3.16.15]

Guess a Quote [Prophet]To everyone who guessed Prophet by R.J. Larson for the last guess a quote, you’re absolutely right! It was fun to see the enthusiasm many of you replied with. You all are right. It’s a great book. Melody, Miss M., Spencer R., Hanna R., and writefury all got it right. 🙂

Here’s the quote for this week. This is an opening line for the animal lovers among us.

He was a giant of a horse, glistening black–too big to be pure Arabian. The head was that of the wildest of all wild creatures–a stallion born wild–and it was beautiful, savage, splendid. A stallion with a wonderful physical perfection to match his savage, ruthless spirit.

1. Yay for animal stories! 🙂
    The Black Stallion by Walter Farley

/  March 17, 2015

The Black Stallion.
    I don’t think I’ve actually ever read it, but it sounds like that’s what it is. Or something similar. 😛

3. I’m not really an animal lover, but I knew this instantly. The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. Love that book.

4. Lina

/  March 17, 2015

Definitely (I hope) The Black Stallion by Walter Farley. I’ve loved reading this book aloud to my younger brothers!

5. The [Title Temporarily Removed], or one in that series. 🙂

6. The Black Stallion! 😀 That book was hard to get into because of Walter Farley’s writing style, but it was super good. 🙂

7. Jonathan G.

/  March 17, 2015

I remember you reading that to the Family in Maine! LOL The Black Stallion!

8. Hmmmm…I’m not sure, but I’m guessing it’s either one of two. (I don’t know if that’s allowed, guess I’ll find out, LOL!) Either The Black Stallion or Black Gold.

9. OnionTea

/  March 18, 2015

Just by reading it, it sounds like it came from The Black Stallion, no?