Guess a Quote (12.22.14)

Guess a Quote [Gift of the Magi]Thank you all for the many birthday wishes last week! And thank you again for the votes you gave Counted Worthy for the Swoony Award on GoodreadsCounted Worthy is currently number 87 on that list, so if you or any of your friends haven’t voted, please do so and invite them to join you! The more the merrier. 😉

You all had a lot of fun with last week’s quote. I think I read O’Henry’s Gift of the Magi a few years ago, but I admit the “adaption” I’m most familiar with is the Adventures in Odyssey program, Gifts for Madge and Guy. I wonder if we have the old cassette tape bouncing around. It would be fun to re-listen to it. Anyway. Thankfully many of you recognized the quote I used instead of waiting for the dorky couple to go get a happy meal at McDonalds. 😛 Emily Ruth, Jennifer Sauer, Spencer R., Elisabeth Sullivan, Mark, Marion Erickson, starshining4ever, and Jackson A. all guessed correctly that the quote came from Gift of the Magi.

Now, let’s see if I can come up with one more Christmas quote…

What if Christmas, he thought, doesn’t come from a store. What if Christmas perhaps means a little bit more!

1. I KNOW THIS!!!! I just don’t know what it’s from! 😛

2. Lina

/  December 22, 2014

Ha ha! It’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas! I love this author. And I’m really trying not to say too much here!

3. Amanda Beguerie

/  December 22, 2014

How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss? Oh and I’m very familiar with the Adventures in Odyssey episode. 🙂 I’ve act never read the real Gift of the Magi, but I’d love to read it!

• Hey! Glad to hear I’m not the only one. That episode is classic AiO! And Gift of the Magi is free for Kindle if you want to grab a copy. 😉

• Amanda Beguerie

/  December 23, 2014

I will grab a copy! I love the story (at least the rendition I know). XD Merry Christmas!

4. This is really easy for me because we watch it every year at Christmas. 🙂
    The Grinch that Stole Christmas!

/  December 22, 2014

How the Grinch Stole Christmas of course! Another confession, I only know that from all the times I watched the adaptation at my grandma’s house years and years ago. (-:

6. Have I ever mentioned that while I love your blog as a whole, the Guess a Quote is my favorite feature :3 And, the quote’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas.

• You have. As have quite a few others. Which is why I make an effort to do the Guess a Quote even when I don’t have time to do the review. 😉

7. Lydia

/  December 23, 2014

Is it… How the Grinch Stole Christmas!? I love the AIO version of it, with all the little jokes they put in!

8. Horton Hears a Who? Just kidding, it’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas. ;P

9. How the Grinch Stole Christmas? I’m not sure.

10. Haley Morgan

/  December 23, 2014

This is from “The Grinch”. Lovie AIO btw.

11. *echoes the first person* ARGH! I know the quote but where it’s from is slipping my mind…*thinks furiously*

12. The Grinch That Stole Christmas, by Dr. Seuss.

13. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss. Though I’ve never actually read the book…We watch the cartoon every Christmas season.

14. How the Grinch Stole Christmas by Dr. Seuss? I love the song 🙂

15. Natalie

/  December 24, 2014

Is it How the Grinch Stole Christmas??? I feel like it must be from that, but I’m not sure… 🙂

16. “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” by Dr. Seuss.
    I (like Spencer) know the quote from the movie, but I’ve got a feeling I’ve flipped through the book somewhere before.

17. OnionTea

/  December 25, 2014

How the Grinch Stole Christmas, ah, a true classic! And the AiO version
    of Gift of the Magi is the absolute best!

18. I think this quote is from The Grinch.