Guess a Quote [12.16.14]

Guess a Quote [A Christmas Carol]Can you believe it’s almost Christmas? And December baby me is leaving her teens tomorrow. Yikes! It’ll be rather amusing running my other blog, Teens Interceding for Orphans, from now on. 😉 What do you all do for Christmas? My family exchanges gifts on Christmas Eve, does stockings Christmas morning, and for the past few years we’ve had friends over for dinner on Christmas.

In keeping with the Christmas season, last week’s quote came from A Christmas Carol, by Charles Dickens. Listening to the Focus on the Family radio theater production of the story is one of my favorite Christmas traditions. What is your favorite way to consume this Christmas classic? Reading, audio, movie? Starshining4ever and writefury both correctly guessed the quote, and CJ got the right author.

Now for this week’s quote. It’s from a short story this time.

But in a last word to the wise of these days let it be said that of all who give gifts these two were the wisest. Of all who give and receive gifts, such as they are wisest. Everywhere they are wisest.

Announcements

If you wanted to listen to the radio interview I did last month but didn’t get to, I’ve got good news. The station sent me an MP3 of the interview and gave me permission to share it here! I’m so excited to do so! Hope you enjoy it.

Also, a reader nominated Counted Worthy for a reader’s choice award on Goodreads. It’s currently ranked as 139 of 395 books. If you have a Goodread’s account, it would be awesome to have your vote. Just follow the link, find Counted Worthy (it’s currently about half-way down page two), and click “vote for this book.” If you participate in the Story Shop, just let me know that you’ve voted and I’ll give you a point. 😉 Thanks!

1. The Gift of the Magi by O’Henry

2. Okay, so first, the quote is from Gift of the Magi ❤ Second, I voted. And, third, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! *pelts you with muffins and sunshine*

/  December 16, 2014

This one took a little thinking but I’m going to guess Gift of the Magi. It’s been awhile now but we used to read that every December.

4. The Gift of the Magi. 🙂
    Happy birthday! 😀

5. Mark

/  December 16, 2014

It’s been a while, but I’m thinking it’s Gift of the Magi. I adore the opening to that story.

6. Marion Erickson

/  December 16, 2014

I’m guessing the Gift of the Magi. One of my favorite short stories although I’m not 100% sure the quote is from there…

7. 1. Happy birthday!
    2. I like reading “A Christmas Carol.” Last year we saw a Christian play version on TV, which was real nice (it was on Trinity Broadcasting Network, or TBN).
    3. The quote’s from “The Gift of the Magi” 😀
    4. I voted for “Counted Worthy” and it’s now #72!

• Why thank you. So far it’s been a very nice birthday.

Thank you! It’s up to 67 now. Invite your friends to vote too! 😄

8. Took me waaaaay longer than it should’ve to find Counted Worthy on that list. 😛 But! I came, I saw, and I conquered! …Er, voted.

Will check out that radio interview at some point. 🙂

And I have no idea what that quote is from! 😦

• And… HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

• It keeps changing! I’ve had trouble finding it too. But it’s on page one now! Moved up almost 100 spots from yesterday. Which is really cool. Thank you so much for voting! And for the birthday wishes. 🙂

9. Jackson A.

/  December 20, 2014

Is it from The Gift of the Magi?