Guess a Quote (12.01.14)

Guess a Quote [Great Expectations]Well, Spencer R. came up with a great quote for our last challenge. Many of you were excited to see it . Congratulations to CJ, Talia, Jennifer Sauer, Elisabeth Sullivan, starshining4ever and Emily Ruth for correctly guessing Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens. That was a really fun quote.

Here’s the quote for this week.

At one time, most of my friends could hear the bell, but as years passed, it fell silent for all of them. Even Sarah found one Christmas that she could no longer hear its sweet sound. Though I’ve grown old, the bell still rings for me…

1. The Polar Express. Great story 🙂

2. No guess here! It’s from the Polar Express! I’ve actually never read it, but I recognize it from its film adaptation.

3. Lina

/  December 1, 2014

I know this one!!! It’s The Polar Express by Chris Van Allsburg. Whew.
    So so so excited! I just bought Counted Worthy for Kindle today! Aren’t Cyber Monday deals great? Can’t wait to read it, Leah!

• Thank you for buying, Lina! Can’t wait to hear what you think!

• Lina

/  December 3, 2014

I just finished it last night! And…. I loved it (no surprise, right : P). I won’t say too much because others here may not have read it yet, but I was very impressed with how you portrayed Heather. You captured her insecurity in a way that I could relate to her even though I’ve never been in that situation. Also, that ending is just begging for a sequel!

• Awesome! Thank you for the feedback. If you’re comfortable writing and Amazon and/or Goodreads review, that would be hugely appreciated. And I am working on a sequel. 😉

4. Sneha

/  December 1, 2014

The Polar Express!

5. Must be something Christmas-y, but once again, no clue what. Intersting quote, though.

6. Amanda Beguerie

/  December 1, 2014

Is it the Polar Express?

7. I know what it is, but I dont’ know if I can comment it!

8. ……Well I recognize the quote,….but not from a book. There’s a book!? What?! It sounded like what the kid says at the end of The Polar Express, the movie.

9. Hey, I guessed last week’s quote too 😉
    AND I just bought “Counted Worthy” 😀

10. There’s a typo in the date in the title…says the year is 2017 :p

11. I just got back from being in China for two weeks for our adoption, and I can’t believe I didn’t miss a “Guess a Quote”! I haven’t heard this quote before, but it sounds good! The movie is obviously popular! This is the first blog I’ve checked since I got home! I didn’t want to miss anything! 🙂

12. The Polar Express.