Guess a Quote (9.08.14)

Guess a Quote (9.08.14)

I’m a week late with this post. Oops! Sorry for skipping last week’s Guess a Quote without warning. I just never got around to it. In better news, work on Counted Worthy is continuing to move right along, and I’ve even started thinking about a new book! Fun stuff! Don’t forget to keep an eye on the Story Shop for new prizes (including sneak peaks) and new ways to earn points.

The last quote came from Howard Pyle’s, Merry Adventures of Robin Hood. You can read it free on your kindle. (Don’t you just love hearing that? I know I do!) CJ was the only reader to successfully guess the correct title.

We’ve been doing so many classics lately. Let’s break the mold and try a contemporary book it seems everyone is talking about.

You don’t forget the face of the person who was your last hope.

AND

That is Mahogany!

1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

2. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.

3. Ehhh, The Hunger Games. Although “That is mahogany!” reminded me of Frozen…what with the sled and all.

4. Isn’t that from The Hunger Games? I’ve never read it, but I’ve seen that quote go around as a meme.

5. OnionTea

/  September 9, 2014

Wow, really Leah? The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. 🙂

6. The Hunger Games. I actually like those books and movies, though there are many things I would have done differently if I had written them. 🙂

7. I thought it would be from “Divergent,” which I just saw. Pretty good. Haven’t seen/read the one this quote’s from, though.

8. Just happened upon your blog and wanted to say it looks really neat! I like how you promote good, decent literature. Keep it up! 🙂

-Leah Kathryn