Help Me Name “Little Friend”!

Help Me Name Little Friend*This Survey Is Now Ended, visit Meet Suhana for results
I think most of you know that I’m a writer. If you were unaware of this fact, I invite you to read my short story, Saving Memories. I’m wrapping up final edits on my previous book, Counted Worthy, and getting ready to launch into outlining my next book, Shadow Mission. I have a slight problem, though. I can’t decide on a name for one of my favorite characters! Can you help me pick a name for “Little Friend”? You can read more about her on the form below. If you’d like some pictures to help, she has her own board on Pinterest. Thanks so much!

P.S. Leave a comment to tell me which name you picked and why! πŸ™‚

1. I pick Suhana because when I looked at her Pinterest board, all I saw was a charming little girl whose whole face lights up when when she smiles. If Suhana means “charming and lovely” I think it fits her best πŸ™‚

• Isn’t she adorable?! And I was so thrilled to find pictures of four different girls who look so much alike and so perfect for “Little Friend”. Suhana is currently in the lead. πŸ˜‰

2. Ella

/  June 12, 2014

I picked Suhana, for the obvious reason that it just fits. Then there’s another reason that we both kno πŸ˜‰

• It does seem to fit her. And, yes. I’m torn about using it for that reason, but it looks like the odds are in the favor of that name. πŸ˜‰

3. Hanna R

/  June 12, 2014

My name is Hanna. I am Spencer R’s sister.
    I picked Sameena. I picked it because I thought it was pretty, and it would sound nice in the text.

• Ah, yes. The masterful quote guesser who so often collaborates with him, yes? πŸ˜‰
      Sameena is pretty. I love all four names so much! Hence needing help deciding which one to use.

4. First let me say I love both of your blogs! Next I was torn between Shaila and Sumita. I voted for Sumita because you called her “little friend” and the fact that she makes friends with the main character seems to fit. But I really like the way Shaila sounds.

• I’m so glad you enjoy the blogs! It’s always encouraging to hear that. The meaning of Sumita really does fit Little Friend perfectly. And I like Shaila because I can imagine the Main Character calling her Shay. This is why I need your help!

5. Jennifer Sauer

/  June 13, 2014

I voted Suhana but also really like Sameena… kind of leaning toward the second one now… definitely torn between the two….

• Those are my top choices too. I think. πŸ˜›

• Jennifer Sauer

/  June 14, 2014

Heehee!! If anything, I would say, not Shaila because it feels more… normal? More American, anyway… but, that might just be me…

/  June 14, 2014

I said Sumita because from what I know of the story, which is, admittedly, very little, it seems that she is in need of someone who can be a “good friend” to her so that she can “grow into” her name and then be able to pass it on and be a good friend to someone else.

7. Hanna R

/  June 14, 2014

Yes, Leah, that’s me. I recently started reading your blog, but I have enjoyed it for a while with Spencer showing me the quotes! I think “Guess a Quote” is a really fun idea, and I’ve read several books that you have used quotes from and really liked them! Thanks for doing this! Your blog is very interactive and fun to read!

8. Suhana and Samita sound most Indian, I think. I went with Suhana because it sounded best to me and fits with your Pinterest pics πŸ™‚ (Btw, my family’s Indian, though us kids were born in the States, and so I kind of drew from that experience πŸ˜‰ )

9. OnionTea

/  June 18, 2014

I voted for Sumita, because from the pics on Pinterest, she just looks so cute
    and friendly and happy. I really liked the name Sameena, too, but I thought
    Sumita sounded a bit more Indian-ish and more original. πŸ™‚