Guess a Quote (4.07.14)

Question MarkHello everyone! Back for another round of guess a quote. Last week emilydm544 was the only intrepid commenter to guess and she got it right! The quote came from Robinson Crusoe. How many of you have read it? I think I listed to the abridged version when I was little, but that’s it.

Here’s the quote for this week. It’s the opening line to a rather famous book that runs along the same lines as Robinson Crusoe.

For many days we had been tempest-tossed. Six times had the darkness closed over a wild and terrific scene, and returning light as often brought but renewed distress, for the raging storm increased in fury until on the seventh day all hope was lost.

1. Kidnapped?

2. Jennifer Sauer

/  April 7, 2014

I’m going to guess Swiss Family Robinson… I only read the beginning but I seem to remember that part…

3. Annie Hawthorne

/  April 7, 2014

The Mysterious Island?

4. Ooh! Sounds like “Swiss Family Robinson.”

5. The Swiss Family Robinson. First quote since I started following your blog that I knew without googling it. 🙂

6. Becky B.

/  April 11, 2014

Oh, Swiss Family Robinson! Our family read that as a summer read-aloud several years ago, and I think I’ve read it once or twice since. I did enjoy it, but some of the “feats of ingenuity” that family accomplished left us somewhat skeptical…and provided a good many running inside jokes!

P.S. There’s a typo in your new post Leah – you said “quite” instead of “somebody wanted to keep it quiet” Sorry, the editor got out 😉

7. The Swiss Family Robinson? 🙂