Guess a Quote (3.24.14)

Question MarkWow. Not near as many guesses as I expected. Apparently the first book is not as popular as the trilogy. Last week’s quote came from The Hobbit. How many of you have read the book and/or watched the two recent movies? What did you think? R.G. Nairam and Emily Ruth both got it right. Thanks again to Elisabeth Sullivan for supplying the quote.

Here’s this week’s quote. It’s from a classic.

Whether I shall turn out to be the hero of my own life, or whether that station will be held by anybody else, these pages must show.

1. David Copperfield by C.S. Lewis! One of my favorites!

2. I absolutely ADORE both of the movies, they did a pretty good job basing it off the book. 😀 I’m a LOTR and Hobbit freak, so I’m kind of biased. OK, REALLY biased. 🙂

/  March 24, 2014

David Copperfield! 😀 I liked that book a lot more than I expected to. 🙂

4. I read the Hobbit a long time ago and look forward to reading it again in the next few weeks, when I finish school 😉 Really enjoyed the first 2 movies & am eagerly anticipating the 3rd. 😎 Sure, they’re different from the book, but I didn’t make the movie and can’t demand perfection. They are really good in their way. As for this week’s quote, I looked it up and I have read the abridged version, not the original, so that’s why I didn’t know it.

5. Emily Ruth

/  March 25, 2014

David Copperfield!

6. Becky B.

/  March 26, 2014

Ah, Err, Um… nope, still don’t know. Wait, Count of Monte Cristo?? Maybe? I didn’t finish that book so not positive. But that sounds like an opening line, not a finishing one, so I’m changing my guess. 🙂

A [somewhat] reliable source *cough, Dad, cough* suggests Robinson Crusoe… only read an abridged version of this (terrible of me, I know) but it sounds likely…

7. I knew the quote from last week was familiar but couldn’t place it. I’ve read the Hobbit but the liberties Peter Jackson took with the two movies so far left that quote out. 😉 Should have asked my sister. She knew!