Guess a Quote (1.13.14)

Question Mark Hello everyone! Don’t forget that I’m always happy for quote suggestions for the weekly guess a quote. Just use the contact form to send them my way.

Last week’s quote came from Pride and Prejudice, as many of you fans figured out right away. 😉 Grace, Emily Ruth, emilydm544, CJ, Kiri Liz, and Ella all got it right. Good job, gals!

Here’s this week’s quote. This one should be easy enough, so I’m not including any hints about genre, time period, etc.

But I reckon I got to light out for the Territory ahead of the rest, because Aunt Sally she’s going to adopt me and sivilize me, and I can’t stand it. I been there before.

/  January 13, 2014

Wow, I haven’t read this in a long time… is it Huckleberry Fin?

2. Happy

/  January 13, 2014

I am not 100 percent confident about my answer but I am going to guess the quote is from Christy?

3. The Adventures of Huckleberry Fin. That and its counterpart are some of the funniest books I’ve ever read.

• I’ve never been able to develop an appreciation for its counterpart, but I did enjoy “blank” when we did it as a book on tape.

• Melody

/  January 13, 2014

Well, “blank” was undoubtedly better. But I did find its counterpart amusing. The author’s unique writing style was very different from what I had read before, but I confess I liked the spunk of both title characters, even though one of them drove me nuts in “blank.” 😀

4. Ella

/  January 13, 2014

Huckleberry Fin by Mark Twain 🙂 I haven’t read it all, but I think I remember this 😉

5. Dirk

/  January 13, 2014

Oh my france, its Huck Finn. Such a distinctive narrating voice.

6. I’ve never read the whole thing of this one or it’s counterpart, so… I have a 50/50 chance of getting it right…. XD Is it Tom Sawyer by Mark Twain?

7. “Huckleberry Fin” 🙂

8. That is definitely Huck Finn. 🙂
    Read it just last month. It’s one of the greatest books ever. 😀