Guess a Quote (1.06.14)

Question MarkHappy New Year! I guess my post last Friday was technically the first post of the new year, but since I forgot to mention it then I might as well do it now. 😉 How many of you have created Goodreads reading challenges? How many books are you trying to read in 2014? Last year I shot for 90 books but only made it to 76. Trying for 90 again this year.

Last weeks quote came from Great Expectations, by Charles Dickens. Marli Renee was the only one to guess it correctly. Good job, Marli!

This week’s quote comes from a popular classic that I have not read. Bet a lot of you have read it, though!

I could easily forgive his pride, if he had not mortified mine.

And because, not having read the book, I don’t know if that one is obvious enough to guess, here’s a second one.

Laugh as much as you choose, but you will not laugh me out of my opinion.

1. Grace

/  January 6, 2014

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen!!! One of my top 3 all-time favorites, I think. I’m watching the movie for the 10th time or so as I type this! 🙂

2. Emily Ruth

/  January 7, 2014

PRIDE AND PREJUDICE!!! January is the month that I pull those sort of books off the shelf for a re-read!!

3. Pride and Prejudice! We just watched that movie last night. 😀

/  January 7, 2014

Pride and Prejudice. 🙂

5. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen!!! One of my favorites!! You haven’t read it yet, Leah?! We need to fix that! 😉

Oh, sufferin’ cats! I knew I knew last week’s quote! I recognized it, but just couldn’t place it. Great Expectations was an awesome Dickens.

• I know. I know. I confess I’m not the best classics reader out there. And it’s not exactly something the boys will go for as a book on tape for a car ride. 😛

XD Now that one I have read. I probably wouldn’t be able to place the quote either.

• Dad

/  January 7, 2014

Hey, Give it a try. You never know. Maybe the old guy will buy in this time 🙂

6. Ella

/  January 7, 2014

sounds like pride and prejudice but I dunno ::)