Guess a Quote (10.22.13)

Question MarkLast week’s quote drew a guess from one intrepid commenter. She nailed it. CJ said the quote came from The Sign of the Beaver, and she was right. I’m not sure what’s up with the new cover for the book. I liked the old one a lot better. But don’t let yourself be put off by it. The book is really good. 🙂

Here’s this week’s quote. And this quote is such a well love one that you all better get it. 😉

One word. All you’ve been saying is quite right, I shouldn’t wonder. I’m a chap who always liked to know the worst and then put the best face I can on it. So I won’t deny any of what you said. But there’s one more thing to be said, even so. Suppose we have only dreamed, or made up, all those things-trees and grass and sun and moon and stars and [Him] himself. Suppose we have. Then all I can say is that, in that case, the made-up things seem a good deal more important than the real ones.

P.S. Please don’t include character names in your comments. It makes it hard to remove all the clues from your comment. Thanks!

1. The Silver Chair. I love that speech!

2. The Silver Chair!! And as much as I’d love to write the character name because I just love that character…I will refrain. 😉

• I added that because I knew everyone would want to use his name. 😛 Sorry. You can all gush about him when I announce the title next week.

• Oh, that’s OK – I totally understand! 😉 Keeping track of all the names you’ve got to remove must be rather challenging at times.

/  October 22, 2013

Got this one too! My Dad is reading it aloud to my family at the moment. The Silver Chair.

4. Totally know this one! It’s one of my favorites. 😀

5. Karis Elizabeth

/  October 22, 2013

Huzzah!!! C.S. Lewis, the Chronicles of Narnia, The Silver Chair, queen of the underworld!! My favorite book in the series!!

6. Happy

/  October 22, 2013

The Chronicles of Narnia: the Silver Chair! I had a hunch what the book might be the moment I began to read the quote. I love the character.

7. Dirk

/  October 22, 2013

Ha! One I actually know! The Silver Chair, is it not?

8. OnionTea

/  October 23, 2013

Okay, I definitely know it’s a Narnia book, but my brain isn’t letting me
    remember which it is. Argh.

9. Emily Ruth

/  October 23, 2013

The Silver Chair! ❤️❤️❤️❤️

10. “The Silver Chair”! My all time favorite Narnia book!! 😀

11. One of my all-time favorite characters (whom I shall refrain from naming)!!! The Silver Chair by C.S. Lewis in The Chronicles of Narnia! I think I almost have those books memorized. 😀

12. Annie Hawthorne

/  October 24, 2013

It’s from The Silver Chair!! I love that book, I love that character, and his speech is one of the best parts in the entire series. ^_^