Guess a Quote (7.22.13)

Question MarkGood morning, everyone! How was your weekend? Mine was pretty filled up with writing. I’m working hard to get a story ready for the annual One Year Adventure Novel contest. The deadline is August 15th. Any other OYANers out there cramming for the contest?

Last week’s quote came from Jane Eyre. It seems several of you enjoy the book as three people guessed it. Congratulations to Marli Renee, Karis Elizabeth, and Annie Hawthorne.

This week’s quote is another suggestion by Annie Hawthorne. It’s one many of you should be able to guess. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The beauty of it smote his heart, as he looked up out of the forsaken land, and hope returned to him. For like a shaft, clear and cold, the thought pierced him that in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.

1. Lord of the Rings, Return of the King, Book Six, “the Land of Shadow.”

:p

/  July 22, 2013

The Lord of the Rings, The Return of the King by JRR Tolkien.
    I read it and thought I was pretty sure…then I saw that Nai had commented as well so my confidence grew. ๐Ÿ˜›

3. Karis Elizabeth

/  July 22, 2013

Oh…. how beautiful! Oooooh… to write like that…. Nevermind, I don’t need to haha! I just need to pick up The Return of the King and take a read! Oh, such a deep, beautiful, thought-provoking series! An awfully long read, true, but entirely worth it haha! Definitely more substantial than The Three Musketeers (my current read) haha!
    It really makes me think about the Shadows cast over our world. The things we worry about- who will be elected next, affairs on the other side of the world, threat of world war or at least tension, and the little shadows over ourselves, who will I be? What will happen this year?
    Thanks for posting this quote, made my day! ๐Ÿ™‚

4. Lindsey C

/  July 23, 2013

This is the first one I’ve actually known. The Lord of the Rings, right? (Goodness, I hope I’m right). ๐Ÿ˜›

5. This is one of my favorite quotes… It gets whispered like a prayer when things seem overwhelming… “The shadow is only a small and passing thing.”. “But the way of the righteous is like the first rays of dawn, shining ever brighter until the full light of day!”

6. “The Return of the King”!!!! Just watched all 3 LOTR movies ( ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜€ ) but oh it’s been too long since I read the books ๐Ÿ˜ฆ