Guess a Quote (12.17.12)

Question MarkHello all! Sorry to be late today. I have an excuse. It’s my birthday! πŸ™‚ Anyway, last week’s quote was from Wild Thing by Dandi Daley Mackall. Nobody made a guess.

Here is this weeks quote. It’s from a very popular story, so I’m expecting a lot of guesses. πŸ˜‰

He had hardly turned the knob, before they were all inside, bowing and saying “at your service one after another. Dori, Nori, Ori, Oin, and Gloin were their names; and very soon two purple hoods, a gray hoods, a brown hood and a white hood were hanging on the pegs, and off they marched with their broad hands stuck in their gold and silver belts to join the others.

What book is this from?

1. The Hobbit. πŸ˜›

• Yep. You’re right, of course. Jon told me that the quote was “way too obvious.” Btw, he read FoL and really liked it. F-I-N-A-L-L-Y. He still says it’s “not Robin Hood.” πŸ˜›

2. Grace

/  December 17, 2012

I haven’t read the book that I’m thinking that quote came from ( πŸ˜‰ ), but I wanted to wish you a happy birthday!! Hope you have/had a fun and blessed day! πŸ™‚

3. Samantha

/  December 17, 2012

Hmmmm….this is really hard. I had to contemplate long and hard over this one. You really stumped me here. I don’t know if this could ever possibly be right….but is it….could it be….the…..The Hobbit?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

4. The Hobbit! πŸ˜€

5. Maiden-in-Waiting

/  December 18, 2012

“Many Happy Returns” Miss Good! πŸ™‚ Are you writing a new book in honor of this momentous event? πŸ˜›

The quote in question most certainly comes from “The Hobbit” does it not? I agree with Jon… though I suppose that if you’d never read this one before, it would be perplexing – and as you didn’t mention a certain “Gray” character’s name, it wasn’t overly obvious.
    Dad’s reading us the LoTR series to us out loud; the book quoted here is my favorite so far. (if it is the one I think it is anyway…)

(Btw, could I inquire as to what “FoL” is? (in your comment to Nairam) A Robin Hood fan is he? Well, then give my greetings to “Little Jon” :P)

To Samantha,
    I think your comment is seriously lacking in punctuation – particularly exclaimation points πŸ˜› HA!!!!

Until next time everyone – live well, laugh often and read much! πŸ™‚

6. You are right, of course, Maiden-in-Waiting.

No new books in honor of my birthday I’m afraid. I’m happily puttering along with “Countred Worthy”. Thanks for your well wishes. Your “Many Happy Return” made me think of “The Little Princess” andsweet Becky’s “dirty flannin piller.” πŸ™‚

FoL stands for “Forestof Lies,” which is a favorite book of mine. It’s a retelling of Robin Hood. Naraim happens to be the author, of OneYear Adventure Novel fame. Ithink you can find out more on her blog .

• Maiden-in-Waiting

/  December 19, 2012

Ah yes, forgot about the “Counted Worthy” epic-in-progress.

I love the “dirty flannin piller”! *says with a sentimental smile* Coincidentally, Becky is my favorite character in “Little Princess.” Her, and Melchizideck the rat πŸ™‚ Oh, and “the Large Family”; and the indian servant with the monkey next door – what’s his name? R- something… (oh dear, I fear I’m on a favorites run again)

Oh so THAT’S the Robin Hood retelling! Curious title…

• Me too! Sarah is my favorite character, hands down. Which is unusual. I usually like a supporting character better than the main character. The Indian servant’s name was Ramdas I believe. “The Little Princess” is probably my most read classic.

Yup. That’s it. It is awesome. And the title fits after you know what it’s about. I’m eagerly awaiting the latest draft.